call: 0300 998 3000



Charities & Tax

January 19, 2021

HMRC Recognition

Charities can get certain tax reliefs but you must be recognised by HMRC.  To be recognised the charity must be:based in the UK, EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norwayestablished for charitable purposes onlyregistered with the Charity Commissionbe run by fit and proper pe...
Read more


Every registered charity has to put together their Annual Report and Accounts to be submitted to the Charity Commission. For some organisations, putting this together feels like a lot of hard work with little reward. But it is much more than this.Rather than a chore that ser...
Read more
The trustees of all registered charities must produce a trustees’ annual report and accounts each year.  Where a charity’s annual income is over £25,000, the trustees must also arrange for an independent person or accountancy firm to carry out either an audit or an...
Read more